I have product junkie ways; the first step is to admit it right? Because of this I tend to use different products almost every week, so to put a handle on this I have been trying to stick to products until they are done. I think I did ok the last few weeks, I was consistent with my Pantene Pro-V conditioner to pre-poo and Redken Real Control as my deep conditioner. This week, wash day was a little different,
· I applied my oil mix (coconut, olive and tea tree oil) to my scalp and the length of my hair then detangled my hair in four sections. Detangling to start off my wash day and washing my hair in sections is something I am trying out, it should help reduce tangles, especially when I am deep in my stretch.
· I then applied Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner and watch TV for about an hour.
· Shampooed twice using Creme of Nature Detangling Conditioning Shampoo.
· I saw a little breakage when detangling so I used a light protein treatment, Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor mixed with Redken Extreme rescue force for about 30 minutes. The Aphogee is almost done and I was not in the mood to cut the bottle, that’s why I mixed the two.
· My deep conditioner of choice this week is one that’s near and dear to my heart, Macadamia Deep Repair Masque. Ladies this deep conditioner is the boom! It is amazing!! As a matter of fact, amazing does not begin to describe it. This is another product that I have used since the beginning of my hair journey and its here to stay!
· I had errands to run so I basically deep conditioned for a few hours plus I sat under the steamer when I got back home.
· I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for about 30 minutes before adding my leave-in Matrix Biolage Leave-in Tonic followed by Redken outshine anti-frizz polishing milk. I got the anti-frizz polish as a sample when I brought some other Redken products sometime last year but have never used it. I am not too impressed with the ingredient list as it has dimethicone as the 3rd ingredient and isostearyl alcohol as the 4th :/
· After applying the Redken anti-frizz polishing milk I applied some Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment and detangled. I didn’t lose much hair after detangling so detangling at the start of my wash day helped a lot; I’m hoping it stays that way later on in my relaxer stretch.
· Once my hair finished air drying I placed it in a bun and went to bed. My wash days almost always end in a bun, mostly because it’s done so late.
I turn down and/or cut open all my bottles, with the money I spend I want every last drop of product lol. Does anyone else do this? The amount of product that remains in some of these bottles is amazing!