Pages

Wednesday 24 April 2013

30 Day Squat Challenge Update!


 
Yesterday was the last day of my 30 day squat challenge and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all the wonderful ladies that joined me.
I started this on short notice because I honestly didn’t think anyone would be joining me. Knowing what I know now, I will organize better next time around.

This challenge was not as easy as I thought it would be, for me, around day 13 I really started feeling the effects of the squats. I started breaking them up after that. I missed day 23 but made up for it on my next rest day, day 24. I fell off my workout wagon, funny how one week turns into 1 month just like that! I didn’t just fall off the wagon; I rolled down the hill and was washed down the river! Nevertheless, I’m persistent if not anything else J  

 
The hardest part is starting over but I plan to keep trying, I am not giving up. I need to make this a lifestyle thing. I go hiking, biking and roller skating with my daughter so I’m not completely inactive. We have not done a lot of it lately but we also go jogging or walking sometimes. On top of all that, I am a professional athlete and dancer says my Xbox 360 heheheh I don’t care what anyone think, all those games I played with my daughter over the Easter vacation count! I was sweating like hell with those games, Dance Central 1,2 &3 and Just Dance 4 was the boom! I even did some Zumba! I can give Tiger Woods and Serena Williams a run for their money now that I am pro in Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection and don’t get me started with Disney Pixar Adventure and the many others, hey! Don’t judge me; I am a child at heart. Yes I am that parent that makes the most noise cheering at sports day and can’t wait for the parent’s race lol

 
Did the squat challenge work? I believe so, too bad I hate taking pics, I should have done a before and after pic L  To my defence, I have a reason for that............I swear I get diarrhea when I see a camera my way! It’s a self diagnosed condition, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it! lol Seriously though, on top of not liking to take pics of myself I am always forgetting the camera home or losing it. The last one I lost for Trinidad and Tobago Carnival back in February so I have to purchase one yet again.

How is the squat challenge going for you ladies? Is it working?
 
 
Just a thought J

2 comments:

  1. This post really challenged me as soon as i finished reading it I did 10 squats! Been meaning to tone and get my thighs firmer for a while now so this post was God sent:) I plan to do a 30 day 10 squats daily challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most important thing is not to give up, do the squat challenge and challenge yourself by adding a little more everyday, you will only get better :) I'm right there on the sideline cheering you on!

      Delete