Pages

Thursday 28 March 2013

March 2013 Relaxer Touch Up


28th March 2013 Touch Up at 16 Weeks 5 Days Post

This is my first touch up for the year. I use the Affirm Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp Relaxer System; these are the steps I took,


·        I parted my hair about an inch all around my hair line and clip that up (I apply relaxer to my hair line last).

·        Then I parted the rest of my hair into sections from ear to ear, I am able to finish applying my relaxer a lot faster this way compared to using four sections.

·        I then applied Affirm Fiberguard Preservo Strengthening Serum (step 1) followed by Motions new Weightless Clear Hairdressing to my scalp. (The Motions Lavishing Conditioning Shampoo and Weightless Clear Hairdressing are samples I got in my goody-bag when I collected my costume for Carnival).

·        Coated my ends with castor oil and then applied Petroleum Jelly over that.

·        Applied Petroleum Jelly along my hairline and ears.

·        Mixed two tubs of my Affirm Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp Relaxer (step 2) using the mild measurement.

·        I applied the relaxer with my hands, from back to front, leaving the edges for last. (The comb slows me down and I always end up ditching it anyways).

·        I always smooth my hair using my hands, however, this touch up I used the back of my Hercules Sagemann seamless comb (HS6450) on my hairline once right before heading to the bathroom to wash out the relaxer.

·        After properly washing out my relaxer I applied a mix of Affirm Fiberguard Sustenance Fortifying Treatment (step 3) and Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor for five minutes as my mid-relaxer protein step. (The Fiberguard Sustenance treatment has yummy ceramides and the Aphogee has protein so I think they make a great combo for my mid-relaxer protein step).

·        I used the Affirm Fiberguard Normalizing Shampoo twice, leaving it on for five minutes both times before rinsing. My hair felt sooooo soft after rinsing this shampoo it was like rinsing out conditioner. Just to put it to the test I used my Redken Hair Cleansing Cream before I neutralized for the third time and I got the same results!

·        Applied Roux Porosity Control Corrector and Conditioner for about one minute.

 
·        Deep conditioned using Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque for 35 minutes with my heat cap.

 
·        The Roux Porosity Control has a ph of 4.5 and the Macadamia Masque has a ph of 5, which makes me love these products even more.

·        I wrapped my hair in a cotton t-shirt until my hair was about 80% dry.

·        Applied my leave-ins and detangled my hair. They were Kerastase Resistance Ciment Thermique and Kerastase Resistance Fibre Architecte because I wanted to blow-dry my hair (The Kerastase Fibre Architecte does double duty as a leave in and serum plus it has ceramides!). I still applied some Chi Silk Infusion before blow-drying for even more protection and I blow-dried using the warm heat setting and low speed on my blow dryer. My hair was feeling very soft even though I blow-dried and used mostly items with protein.


·        I applied some more Chi Silk Infusion before flat ironing my hair, my heat setting goes up to 30 but I use it on 10 and I always do just one pass.

 
·        I finished about 1 am this morning and every picture I took came out like crap, the angle was always off. I suck at taking pictures big time; it’s something I have to work on.
 
·        I was feeling really good about how this relaxer turned out, my hair feels amazing! Well that was until I saw this picture my daughter took for me. 
 
Before Trim
 
I don't wear my hair out, since relaxing my hair in November it has been flat ironed and left out once! I protective style the heck out of my hair, Deep Condition weekly, comb my hair once a week on wash days only, moisturise and seal every day, etc! So WHY is this happening to me??!!! I hate that I knew this was coming; my last stretch wasn't the best. The plan was always to clip my ends after each relaxer touch up this year so I was more than prepared to do some dusting but this is a whole other level, we're talking about a cut to even off those ends :(

Candice


 

No comments:

Post a Comment