Pages

Sunday 24 March 2013

30 Day Squat Challenge


I’m working on my drop dead booty! Yes, I’m willing to accept charges when people start dropping dead behind me!


Ok, so I missed one day of my Insanity workout this week, Saturdays has been an epic fail! Nevertheless, I’m pushing forward; I will be doing this 30 day squat challenge starting Monday. This is my way of not feeling too guilty if I miss a workout ;)

The squat is referred to as “King of All Exercises”. It targets all the major muscles in your legs, at the same time strengthening your hips and lower back also of course, lifting your bum. Your upper body is called upon as well so you get a total body exercise.

Join me! Another great thing about this is that it doesn’t take much time, need much space and equipment is optional (you can add hand weights as an added bonus, challenge yourself). You don’t have to do all at once, break it up however you like throughout the day. Do some before getting the kids ready on mornings, when you hop in the bath or before hoping in the bath, during TV commercials, etc.  There are also many variations of the squat you can do so you don’t get bored. Here are a few,
·         Prisoner squats
·         Prisoner jump squats
·         Prisoner split squats
·         Split squats
·         Split jump squats
·         Frog squats
·         Prisoner siff squats
·         Squats jacks
·         Squat jumps
·         One legged squats
·         Curtsy squats
·         Skater squats
·         Sissy squats
·         Hindu squats
·         Plie squats
·         Side squats
 
Don’t try them all at once, as with all exercise; you really need to concentrate on using proper form.
Have you done this challenge before?
What are your thoughts, did you see results?

Candice

4 comments:

  1. I think I will try this from April 1st.

    Btw, how was your appointment with Dr. Ghuran. Did you decide to get the braces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! Healthy hair and body is my aim.

      I had to reschedule my appointment, I won't be able to do it until school reopen :(

      Delete
    2. I started on April 1st. Doing it with a friend so we can check on eachother and make sure we stick to it. I did my 100 squats today during my lunch break. 9 days ago I could only do 10 at a time today I did 50 without needing a break! How is your challenge going. What day are you on?

      Delete
    3. I'm extremely happy you joined in, I really didn't think anyone would be interested! Ebony of Longing4length and Tai of Stranded: A Healthy Hair Journey is also participating so I'm literally jumping for joy lol. Your progress is wonderful! My legs are getting stronger also, today is day 17 for me and I did my 150 squats this morning :)

      Delete