I did my touch-up on Friday at 15 weeks 5 days post; these are the steps and products I used:
1. Pre-part my hair in about one inch sections. This helps me save time when applying the relaxer to my hair, all of this is done using my hands, I do not use a comb when relaxing my hair.
2. Apply Avlon Affirm Fiberguard Preservo Strengthening Serum to my whole head. I use a spray bottle to do this as this product is very runny.
3. Apply Castor oil to my relaxed ends.
4. Base my scalp and hairline with petroleum jelly; I also coated my relaxed ends again with the petroleum jelly, you can’t be too careful.
5. I then set my timer for 15 minutes and applied the relaxer using my hands. I always leave my hairline for last only applying relaxer to that area when I am about to smooth the second time.
6. For my mid-relaxer protein step I used a mix of Avlon Affirm Fiberguard Sustenance Fortifying Treatment and Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor for 4 minutes.
7. To neutralise my hair I used Affirm Fiberguard Normalizing Shampoo. I applied the neutralising shampoo for my first wash followed by Redken Hair Cleansing Cream then I neutralised twice again leaving the shampoo in for about 5 minutes each time.
8. Deep conditioned with Keracare Humecto Cream Conditioner.
9. Wrapped my hair in a T-shirt for about an hour then
10. I used Chi Keratin Mist and Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Daily Leave-in Tonic as my leave-ins.
11. To blow-dry my hair I used a mix of Chi Silk Infusion and Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide as my heat protectant. I used the large comb attachment on my Red by Kiss Handle-Less Ceramic Tourmaline Dryer which I purchased in January.By this time it was well after 2am so I wrapped my hair in a loose bun and headed to bed. This is what it looked like when I got up.
|April 2015 Relaxer Touch-up pre haircut|
Later that night I flat ironed using my Hana 1.5 inch Titanium Flat Iron and I had my friend take off around 3 inches.
|April 2015 After Flat Iron and Haircut|
How was your last relaxer touch-up?