Pages

Thursday 9 April 2015

Relaxer Prep – The Wash Day Experience

Hi everyone!

I am hoping to do my touch up sometime next week so this wash day was all about preparing my hair for the relaxer; these are the steps I took:

1.      Pre-pooed for 2 hours with garlic infused olive oil. I am trying this to help with shedding.

2.      Shampoo using Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair.

3.      Applied Aphogee Two-step Protein Treatment and sat under my hooded dryer for 30 minutes. I love using this product before a touch-up and I would recommend to anyone with severe breakage.

4.      Rinsed and applied Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer for 5 minutes. I have a like hate relationship with this product and can’t wait for it to finish.

5.      Deep conditioned using Hairveda Sitrinillah Deep Conditioning Hair Masque mixed with garlic infused olive oil and vegetable glycerine under my steamer.

6.      I T-shirt dried for about 2 hours then applied my leave-ins, Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Daily leave-in Tonic and Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer.

7.      To help with detangling I also applied some Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment. I came across a few tangles but nothing terrible, my shed hairs are always the culprit.

All in all this wash day went well, my hair is in a loose bun as I am heading off to bed, it will stay this way until I do my touch-up.

Don’t forget to check out the other ladies and their Wash Day Experience!

How was your last wash day?

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. At times I can't decide if I'm nervous or excited lol

      Delete
  2. Are you self relaxing or going to a salon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm self relaxing. Two weeks ago I was actually considering going to a salon for a proper hair cut but I'm scared, I need to stick to my guns and stay away from salons. I would rather that my daughter mess up my hair than a stranger.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to hear about your touch up!!! Wishing an awesome touch up day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all for Aphogee products before relaxing or texlaxing. The have been a staple of mine for years. Can' wait to see your results

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aphogee products have been with me since the start of my journey, perfect before a touch up :)

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to your relaxer results Candice :-) and I totally agree with you, I would rather have a setback from my own doing than have a hair stylist who is not concerned with my hair , relaxing it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca, all my setbacks was because of hairdressers, not this time.

      Delete
  6. Excited to see your results chica! How do you like the Hydrasource Daily leave-in Tonic? I tried the cream leave-in and HATED it. I think that I used it once and to the bottom of my stash it went! LOL.

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hyradrasource leave in tonic works great, they replaced the hydrotherapy leave in tonic with the hydrasource. I was skeptical at first but I'm glad I decided to try it, you know how it is when a company decides to change a product you love.

      What was Matrix thinking with that leave in cream!? I hate that product up to this day lol l used less than a 1/4 and dumped it, worst product ever!

      Delete
  7. That's some good prepping. I cannot wait to see the relaxer results.

    ReplyDelete