Pages

Friday 14 August 2015

Product Review: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

Source: Google

Price:
TT $99.95 for 13oz

Claims:
Our Sulfate-free shampoo helps moisturize and repair dry, damaged or over-processed hair.

Directions:
Apply to wet hair and gently massage into a rich lather. Rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary.

Ingredients:
Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Guar Gum, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Avocado Oil

My Views:
I brought this shampoo out of curiosity for the shea moisture line. It is extremely pricey for a shampoo so that has been a turn off since the start of my hair journey but I came across it while at my local beauty supply store and my product junkie ways reared its ugly head. This shampoo is light yellow in colour, has a very thick, creamy consistency. I really don’t care for the smell, it smells like old/stale shea butter but for a sulfate free shampoo this shampoo lathers very well. Everything was well with this shampoo up until we rinsed it out, it left my daughter’s hair feel stripped and dry and it left mine very tangled. This product does not live up to its claims of helping to moisturize or repair; it left our hair feeling like we used a cheap clarifying shampoo rather than a sulfate free shampoo.

My daughter hated this shampoo from the first use and I have to agree with her. I would give this shampoo a one out of ten; it gets one point because of the creamy consistency which was the only thing I liked. This product was not worth the price for me and I think it’s clear by what I wrote that I won’t ever be repurchasing.

Have you used this shampoo? What did you think of it?

6 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about the shampoo, but a few people complain that it strips their hair. I was going to get this at some point in penny wise out of curiosity but I think I will stick to my TGIN shampoo and the cream of nature green label. Thanks for this review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay very far away from this shampoo, it is not worth it.

      I loooooove the green label cream of nature shampoo but I don't get it penny wise anymore, it's always sold out when I go :/

      I'm putting the TGIN on my wish list :)

      Delete
  2. I tried it long ago and it really didn't leave an impression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suggest you try it again. Purchase from a reputable place like target or Walmart. This is the most moisturizing shampoo I have ever used. I have all of my friends using it and they're all in love. Your local beauty supply may have added something to stretch their product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion MeliMel but I used this shampoo 4 times with the same results, have shampoos that work 100 times better and are much cheaper than this. I'm happy that it works for you but not everything works for everybody :)

      Delete