Pages

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Product Review! Creme of Nature Detangling Conditioning Shampoo

I knew nothing of sulphate free shampoos before starting my hair journey; I would just use the shampoo for whichever product line I was using at the time. Before starting my hair journey I would have an itchy scalp every-single-time I washed my hair, I would now finish relaxing my hair at the salon and go into an itching frenzy as soon as my hair was dried and not one of the hairdressers I’ve been to over the years could give me a possible cause. I would always end up with a sore scalp from all the itching so washing my hair was not something I looked forward to, that is until I started using sulphate free shampoos. One of the best sulphate free shampoos I’ve used to date is the Creme of Nature Conditioning Shampoo.  

Price:
TT $39.95 for 16 oz

Claims:
This special organic, ultra moisturizing formula helps transform dry, brittle or colour-treated hair into shining, silky-soft, super-manageable hair in minutes. It gently and effectively cleanses, then richly conditions and moisturizes. No other conditioner or detangler required. The comb just glides through wet hair. Cream of Nature Shampoo enhances your hair colour and shine. Leaves natural or relaxed hair looking fabulous! It’s a natural for beautiful hair.

Directions:
Shampoo hair. Rinse thoroughly. Repeat. Comb hair while still wet. Set or blow dry.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Trideceth-7Carboxylic Acid, Decylpolyglycoside, Glycol Sterate, Polyquaternium-10, Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Honey (Mel), Lemon Extract (Citrus Limonum), Wheat Germ Oil (Triticum Vulgare), Balsam Canada, Pectin, Lecithin, Fennel Extract (Foeniculum Vulgare), Buchu Extract (Baroma Betulina), Myrrh Extract (Commiphora Myrrha) Marjoram Extract (Origanum Majorana), Orris Extract (Iris Florentina), Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance (Parfum),Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Quaternium 15, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Red 4 (C.I. 14700), Yellow 5 (CI. 19140), Red 33 (C.I. 17200), Blue 1 (C.I. 42090)

What I think:
This shampoo is very moisturizing, the first time I used this shampoo I had to do a double take; I just had to read the bottle again to make sure it read shampoo and not conditioner. My hair feels soooo soft after rinsing out this shampoo I never feel like I just shampooed my hair, I love it! This shampoo always cleanses my hair without ever stripping it even when I don’t pre-poo. It has a thick creamy consistency, its pearl green in colour and smells amazing. Despite the claims, this is not an organic shampoo but it is loaded with plant extracts (don’t you think it’s nice of companies to give you a science lesson via the list of ingredients). This product is a staple of mine and when anyone asks me to recommend a shampoo I direct them to this product without hesitation.

Have you ever used this shampoo, what did you think of it?

 

10 comments:

  1. I've never seen creme of nature in this colour bottle before...their sulphate free shampoo is awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of thoes that they reformulated some years ago, they also changed the packaging so instead of the green label its a green bottle. It also has a red bottle (formerly red label) and a yellow bottle (formerly blue label).

      Delete
  2. Woot for finding a shampoo that your hair loves! I've heard great things about this one too!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gems like these are hard to find, its equivalent to finding an "extra life" on this hair journey! lol

      Delete
  3. I have never seen this one from the line before. Great review, i think i will give this a try if i can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using this shampoo for a couple of months now and I always get great compliments as to how nice my hair looks...I love love love this shampoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love the Creme of Nature products, but then they started changing bottle colors and it became harder to find them. If that moisturizing shampoo is the same formula as before, then yes, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This shampoo is amazing but it is getting harder and harder to find like you said. I gave the new Creme of Nature Straight from Eden shampoo a try and it works great.

      Delete